Business Analyst Job at Standard Chartered Singapore
- Perform in-depth analysis around key requirements of the project and regulatory changes (CFTC / SEC / EMIR Transaction Reporting).
- Translating regulatory requirements into detailed and unambiguous business and functional requirements.
- Defining and establishing the golden source for each data attribute required for reporting.
- Working across asset classes FX, Rates, Credit and Commodities.
- Articulate the Scope / requirements in standard documents / process flow diagrams / use case diagrams etc to secure signoff from stakeholders.
- Participation in industry forums / calls and interpretation of new regulations or changes to existing regulations.
- Conduct meetings and relevant discussions to engage stakeholders in the right perspective and take the task to closure.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders both internal (Legal, Compliance, other tech teams, Transaction Reporting teams) and external (DTCC, Industry calls, Regulators, etc).
- Identify risks and issues and communicate them to the relevant people in a timely manner – assist with proposing and planning mitigating steps.
Determine Strategic Solutions / Proposals
- Focusing on long term efficiency, risk reduction and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain a culture of risk awareness and proactive resolution.
- Facilitates Business process improvement via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of functional business specifications.
- Co-ordinate and manage the delivery of the project across FMO, IT and relevant FO teams.
- Provide solutions as well as produce a clear-cut functional specification for development team.
- Use appropriate tools like JIRA, WIKI, etc to ensure that Functional Specifications are split and managed with development team in terms of clarity and implementation.
- Pro-actively engage, manage and build relationships with both technology (including vendors) and business stakeholders.
- Assist the PM with planning of BA tasks.
- Support the test team and business users during the testing phase by making design calls and assisting in issue analysis and resolution.
- Support the transition to the production support team.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 8+ years of experience in a financial institution.
- Relevant work experience of handling regulatory reporting.
- Strong knowledge of CFTC, EMIR Transaction reporting rules and regulation.
Role Specific technical Competencies
- Regulatory Transaction reporting (EMIR, Dodd Frank / CFTC, SEC).
- OTC products Knowledge ( Rates, Commodity, FX, Credit, Equity asset classes).
- Experience of global regulations and regulatory environment.
- Trade lifecycle aligned to industry best practice.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience of global regulations and regulatory environment.
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
About the Company
Company: Standard Chartered
Company Location: Singapore